Single-family home permits were up over 50 percent in the four-county area of Butler, Clermont, Hamilton, and Warren counties through February. Hamilton County experienced the biggest percentage gains in single-family residential permits, a 90.4% increase, supported by strong growth in the City of Cincinnati and Colerain Township. The county issued a total of 99 single-family permits during this period, compared to 52 last year.
Warren County continues to lead the region with a total of 126 single-family permits, a 44.8% increase, during the first months of the year.
Butler County registered a 35.7% increase, with Liberty Township producing 43 of the county’s 95 total permits for the two-month period.
Clermont County has also begun to pick-up momentum after several slow years, registering a 31.3% increase, with 42 permits.
Altogether, there were a total of 362 single-family permits issued through February in Butler, Clermont, Hamilton and Warren counties, compared to 241 in 2015, a 50.2% overall increase.
The top 10 markets for single-family home permits through February were:
1. Liberty Township (Butler Co.)---43
2. Hamilton Township (Warren Co.)---25
3. City of Mason (Warren Co.)---21
4. Clearcreek Township (Warren Co.)---19
West Chester Township (Butler Co.)---19
5. Deerfield Township (Warren Co.)---17
6. City of Cincinnati (Hamilton Co.)---15
Colerain Township (Hamilton Co.)--15
7. Green Township (Hamilton Co.)---14
8. Fairfield Township (Butler Co.)---13
9. Union Township (Clermont Co.)---12
City of Harrison (Hamilton Co.)--12
City of Springboro (Warren Co.)--12
10. Batavia Township (Clermont Co.)---10
Turtle Creek Township (Warren Co.)--10
“Two months is only a small window in time, but it certainly sets the stage for a strong spring market and an even more robust summer market,” said Dan Dressman, Executive Director.
The Home Builders Association of Greater Cincinnati, established in 1934, represents residential construction interests in Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton and Warren counties in southwest Ohio.
Download the data
- February 2016 Year-to-Date County Comparison (raw data)
- February 2016 Year-to-Date Municipality Comparison (raw data)
- February 2016 Year-to-Date Comparison Chart (chart)